Technically, everything has a season. Asparagus is a spring vegetable, blackberries come out at the end of summer and apples are a fall thing. We’re huge proponents of eating locally-grown food in-season, BUT we cheated…and it was good.
(Adapted from Everyday with Rachel Ray)
2 large apples
¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 250º and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Thinly slice the apples (as thin as you can without cutting yourself), discarding the ends and the seeds.
3. Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
4. Arrange the apple slices on the baking sheets in a single layer. Sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
5. Bake for 1 ½ to 2 hours, flipping every 30 minutes.