YUM! These are absolutely positively scrumptious, but the glaze needs a little work. I like the glaze that comes with Pilsbury cinnamon buns. It’s gooey and delicious and probably completely unnatural. This glaze was too, umm, healthy(?)
(Adapted from Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day.)
Chunk of gluten-free brioche dough (the size of a small cantaloupe)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup confectioners’ sugar plus extra for dusting
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp skim milk
1 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
1. Grease an 8-inch cake pan or pie plate.
2. Sprinkle confectioners’ sugar over a silicone mat and plop the dough on top of the sugared mat. Place a sheet of plastic wrap on top of the dough and use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a rectangle (about ¼-inch thick). Remove the plastic wrap.
3. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl, breaking up any chunks with the back of a spoon.
4. Sprinkle the filling over the dough and then roll the dough into a log.
5. Cut the log into 12 equal-ish pieces and place the pieces in the pan (swirled edge up). Cover the buns loosely with plastic wrap and let sit for about 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 350º and place a rack in the center of the oven.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are lightly brown.
8. Combine the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, milk (adding 1 tbsp at a time) and butter in a medium bowl. Mix well and spread the glaze over the buns while they’re still warm.