This is delectably delicious. That is all. Enjoy!
(Adapted from 101 cookbooks)
1 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice (from 3-5 oranges)
1 tbsp grated ginger
2 tsp soy sauce
1 ½ tsp mirin
2 tsp maple syrup
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 package extra-firm tofu, drained, cubed and patted dry
2 tbs olive oil
1 lime, quartered
1. Combine orange juice, soy sauce, mirin, garlic and maple syrup in a medium bowl. Mix well.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add tofu to the skillet and cook until the bottom is golden (about 5 minutes). Flip it and cook until it’s golden on the other side (another 5 minutes or so).
4. Add the orange juice mixture to the skillet and simmer until it’s reduced to a thick glaze, about 10 minutes. Flip the tofu after 5 minutes. (While the sauce simmers, be sure to thoroughly douse the tofu in the sauce.)
5. Serve over quinoa, drizzling any remaining sauce over the tofu. Squeeze lime juice over everything, to taste.