This is yummy yummy yummy yummy!
gluten-free pizza dough
1 acorn squash (about 1 lb.), halved, seeded and sliced into half-moon-shaped slivers
1 tbsp olive oil
zest of one orange
1 cup orange juice
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp allspice
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup crumbled feta
1 cup arugula
½ cup walnut halves
2 tbsp sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. Combine squash and olive oil in a bowl and toss to coat the squash with the olive oil.
3. Place the squash on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until it’s tender and golden, about 25 minutes.
4. While the squash cooks, combine the orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar, allspice and cinnamon in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring, until reduces at least a little bit. Set aside.
5. Roll out the pizza dough and sprinkle with the mozzarella and feta.
6. Place the cheese-covered pizza dough in the oven. Bake until golden brown, 20-30 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, combine the walnuts and sugar in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Toast, stirring, until the sugar becomes gooey. Continue stirring until the walnuts are completely covered in the gooey sugar. Remove from heat.
8. When the squash is done (and cool enough to handle), remove the skin.
9. Combine the squash and the orange glaze in a bowl. Toss to smother the squash in citrusy yumminess.
10. When the cheese-covered pizza dough is done, top it with the glazed squash, then the arugula. Sprinkle with a few splashes of lemon juice and top with the candied walnuts.