It’s hot. You’re hungry. Here’s a recipe.
(Adapted from “So Easy”)
2 tbsp. olive oil
juice from 1 lemon
finely grated zest from 1 lemon (at least ½ tsp.)
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp. salt
skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into skewerable cubes (the original recipe calls for 1lb. of chicken, but of course chicken never comes in 1 lb. packages…just use one package.)
8 skewers (soaked in water for 20 minutes if wooden)
1 ½ cups seedless green grapes
1. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and salt in a bowl. Whisk.
2. Transfer marinade to a zip-top bag and add chicken. Seal and squish to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes (up to 5 hours).
3. Thread chicken and grapes onto skewers, alternating grape-chicken-grape-chicken, etc.
4. Preheat grill to medium high and prep with cooking spray.
5. Grill until the chicken is cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.