Why do all the nutritious chocolate things I make look like turds? Trust me, they are all delicious.
Sometimes you want a cookie. Other times you need a cookie and you need it NOW (or at least in the next five minutes). When such emergencies strike, make these.
(Adapted from Forks Over Knives: The How-To Companion)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup skim milk
¼ cup cocoa
3 tbsp. natural peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 ½ cups gluten-free oats
¼ cup chocolate chips
1. Combine maple syrup, milk and cocoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer over low heat for three minutes.
2. Add peanut butter to the pot and stir until it dissolves.
3. Take the pot off the burner and add the vanilla, oats and chocolate chips. Stir until completely combined.
4. Use a spoon to form little turds.
5. Give ‘em a minute to cool—or don’t. Live on the edge and eat your cookie dammit.