This is a super-easy, absolutely delicious recipe from a friend of my mom’s (with a few little tweaks). We served it with brown rice and grilled asparagus.
1 big ol’ WILD salmon fillet
2 cups fresh orange juice
fresh ginger, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. In a heavy saucepan, heat 2 cups orange juice over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Once it starts to thicken, add several (4 or 5) slices of fresh ginger, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer until it just becomes syrupy. (If you let it simmer too long you won’t have enough to pour over the fish.)
3. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Season—or drizzle, sprinkle or rub—salmon with olive oil.
5. Place salmon in baking dish. Cover fish with thin slices of orange. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
6. Pour orange juice reduction over fish and serve.
***Wild salmon is healthier for people and the planet. Learn more here.