The first time we made these, we gobbled them up so quickly we forgot to take a picture. So, ummm, you’ve been warned about their delicious and slightly addictive nature. Enjoy!
(Adapted from glutenfreeville.com)
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup pumpkin
¾ cup brown rice flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp cloves
¼ tsp ginger
For the frosting:
4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese
½ cup powdered sugar
3 tbsp butter (at room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375º and spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
2. Beat eggs and sugar together.
3. Add pumpkin, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and ginger to the eggs and sugar. Beat together.
4. Pour batter into muffin cups and bake 13-15 minutes.
5. Whip the cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla together until it’s well-combined and frosting-like.
6. When the cupcakes are cool, smother them with frosting.