I don’t have much to say about this dish other than it’s really truly awesomely delicious.
(Adapted from Vegetarian Times)
1 cup green lentils
2 cups water
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 leeks (white and light green parts only), thinly sliced
2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 cups red grapes, halved
¼ cup chopped pistachios
3 tbsp. finely chopped mint
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Add the water and lentils to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes. Drain.
2. In a small nonstick skillet, toast the chopped pistachios over medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring, until they’re tender and translucent (7-9 minutes). Remove from heat.
4. Add the mustard and sherry vinegar to the leeks. Stir.
5. Add the lentils, grapes, toasted pistachios and mint to the skillet. Stir to combine.
6. Serve atop baby spinach. Top each serving with feta.