Baba ghanoush! Baba ghanoush! Baba ghanoush! Yes, we made this because we love the name, but it’s pretty tasty too. This recipe is from Everyday with Rachael Ray.
3 medium eggplants (we used one mongo one)
1 cup chopped flat leaf parsley leaves
¼ cup (plus more to taste) fresh lemon juice
¼ cup tahini
2 – 3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tbsp EVOO (plus more to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Stab eggplants (so they don’t explode) and place on a baking sheet. Bake 35 minutes, flipping once, until the eggplant is soft and the skin is shriveled.
3. Let eggplants cool 15-30 minutes.
4. Remove the skin and stems from the eggplants, then cut into big chunks. (If they’re juicy, drain any excess liquid using a colander.)
5. Puree eggplant, parsley, lemon juice, tahini, garlic and 2 tbsp EVOO in a food processor.
6. Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with additional EVOO and/or lemon juice, if desired.
7. Serve with carrots, pita wedges or whatever you want to dip in the BABA GHANOUSH!