Here’s an awesome recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod. I took Maria’s suggestion and made them while we decorated our tree last weekend. The house smelled amazing and the finished product is delicious alone—and in a salad.
1 egg white
1 tsp cold water
2 cups whole almonds
3 tbsp natural granulated sugar
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 250°.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk egg white and water together until frothy. Add almonds and stir until all of the almonds are well coated with egg whites.
3. In another medium-ish bowl, mix the sugars, cinnamon and salt. Add the almonds and stir until all of the almonds are coated with the yummy stuff.
4. Spread almonds on an edged baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (I used foil and a small piece of the foil glued itself to the baking sheet.)
5. Roast for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool, and then store in an airtight container.