Sometimes culinary experiments go horribly wrong (we don’t post the results of those disasters) and sometimes they go wonderfully right. Fall (in a bowl) is the result of a deliciously successful culinary experiment.
1 package extra-firm tofu, drained, patted dry and cubed
1 tbsp olive oil
2 Macintosh apples, chopped
Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2. Toast walnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat, about 3 minutes or until fragrant.
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high and sauté the tofu, cooking until browned.
4. Throw everything (quinoa, tofu, apples, dried cranberries and toasted walnuts) in a bowl. Mix it up. Add a little apple cider. Add a little more. Add a little maple syrup. Stir.
5. Divide into servings. Top with cheese.