It’s getting colder…It’s getting darker…Same-sex marriage is no longer legal in Maine…Ooof! How ‘bout some comfort food?
This one’s a special request for Jane, Ollie and Simon.
1 package penne
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour (we use rice flour, but all purpose flour will do)
1 ¼ cup fat-free half and half
½ cup shredded fontina cheese
½ cup shredded swiss cheese
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 tbsp dry white wine
4-5 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 small onion, diced
1 tsp EVOO
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a lasagna pan with cooking spray.
2. Cook penne until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until bubbling (it will happen quickly).
4. Add half and half, stirring constantly. Cook, still stirring frequently, until mixture boils and thickens.
5. Remove from heat and add cheeses. Stir until cheeses have melted.
6. Stir in wine.
7. Dump the pasta in the lasagna pan, add the cheese sauce and mix until all of the pasta is coated.
8. Add onions and mix.
9. Top with tomato slices. Drizzle (or brush) tomato slices with EVOO.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes.