My aunt gave us an awesome stack of food magazines this summer and we’re finally making our way through them. Here’s a recipe (only slightly adapted) from a magazine we’d never even heard of—Clean Eating.
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp olive oil
4 ears of corn, cooked and de-kernelled
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
2 tbsp fat-free plain yogurt
1 lime, zested and juiced
2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
½ tsp chili powder
1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Brush chicken with oil and place in baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until it’s cooked. When cool, cut chicken into bite-sized cubes.
3. Combine corn and scallions in a small bowl. Stir.
4. In another bowl, combine cottage cheese, yogurt and lime zest. Stir.
5. In another bowl, combine the tomatoes, lime juice and chili powder. Stir.
6. In yet another bowl, combine the beans and the chicken.
7. Layer the salads: start with 2 tbsp of the cottage cheese mixture, add ¼ cup of the corn mixture, ½ cup of the chicken and bean mixture, and then 2 tbsp of the tomato mixture. Keep on going until you’ve used all of the ingredients.